Don’t underestimate the power of a humble dollar; whether your money is spent on HIV test kits or community events aimed at empowering youth to become HIV aware, it is directly contributing to the health and wellbeing of your community.
It’s sometimes difficult to imagine just how much of an impact your donation really makes, so we’d like to share with you some of the ways your hard earned money will be spent and just how you will be giving back to your community.
What your money buys
- $5 pays for eight condom and lube packs
- $10 buys one set of rapid HIV and syphilis tests
- $30 covers the time to administer one set of HIV and syphilis rapid tests
- $50 pays for one hour of counselling time
- $100 buys an hour of professional development for counsellors to ensure their ongoing efficiency
- $500 enables us to reach over 100,000 people on social media to promote awareness of HIV and stigma
- $2600 covers a year of support for one person recently diagnosed with HIV
For every $1 NZAF Receives