The New Zealand AIDS Foundation (NZAF) recognises the importance of protecting your privacy.
www.endinghiv.org.nz / www.loveyourcondom.co.nz
any other website operated by NZAF from time to time.
You are not required to provide us with any personal information that we request. However, if you do not do so, we may not be able to communicate or provide certain services to you.
Important Notice: New Zealand residents
Our Websites and services are intended for New Zealand residents only. If you are located in another country you may be subject to other laws, including data protection laws. For that reason, if you are not located in New Zealand you are not permitted to use, and must immediately cease using, our Website and services.
Additional rights and obligations
Collection of personal information
Types of personal information we may collect
The personal information we collect will vary depending on how you use our Website or otherwise interact with us. For example, we may collect your:
- contact information, such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address
- demographic information, such as date of birth and ethnicity
- feedback that you provide to us
How we collect personal information
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you. We may also collect your personal information from a third party if you authorise us to do so.
For example, we collect your personal information when you:
- volunteer to assist NZAF
- make a donation
- make a complaint, enquiry, or provide feedback
- submit an entry to a competition or prize draw
- fill in an online form (e.g. to make a donation, order free condoms, sign a petition, or to become a member of NZAF)
- subscribe to a service or newsletter
- correspond with us.
When you use our Website we may also collect information that does not identify you (or any other individual), such as analytical information about use of our website. When you use our Website, short text files called “cookies” may be automatically downloaded to your computer or mobile device. Cookies enable us to provide you with a better experience by enabling the Website to know that you have visited before and in some cases to record preferences in order to personalise your visit. Cookies also assist us to analyse the profile of our visitors. These can be session cookies which are deleted when you close your browser and/or persistent cookies which remain on your computer or mobile device for a longer period of time. To delete or stop cookies being placed on your computer refer to the help menu on your internet browser. In a few cases blocking cookies may reduce the functionality of our Website or otherwise prevent access to them depending on your chosen browser options. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org.
Information about other people
Payment card information
We use a payment services provider to process all payments made using our Websites. Our current payment services provider is Blackbaud Europe Ltd.
Your payment card number is not held by and is never revealed to NZAF.
Use of personal information
NZAF may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- for the general operation of NZAF and our relationship with you - including providing you with products or services that you have requested or recommending additional services which we consider are likely to be of interest to you
- to monitor use of our Websites
- to process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you
- for any other purpose that is authorised by you or permitted by law.
- We may also use your contact information to send you information about NZAF (such as information about our fundraising events and other ways that you can support NZAF). This may include contacting you via email or other electronic means. To opt-out of receiving marketing communications you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also use aggregated and anonymous information for research and analytical purposes (we will ensure that you cannot be identified as identifiable characteristics are removed).
Disclosure of personal information
- our related companies and organisations, partners, other reputable charities, contractors and service providers, to assist us with the operation of NZAF
- any other party authorised by you or to whom we are required or authorised to disclose personal information in accordance with applicable law.
We require any third parties to adhere to our confidentiality requirements and to the requirements of the Privacy Act.
Storage of personal information
Security of your information is very important to us. We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to protect personal information that we hold. However, due to the inherent nature of the internet, we are not able to guarantee the security of any information that you hold or that you transmit to us.
We rely on you to update us if your contact details change (please refer to the Contact Us section below).
Access and correction of personal information
Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to access and request correction of any personal information that we hold about you. Please refer to the Contact Us section below.
New Zealand AIDS Foundation
PO Box 6663
Phone: 09 303 3124