Where your money goes
Don’t underestimate the power of a humble dollar; whether your money is spent on HIV test kits or community events aimed at empowering youth to become HIV aware, it is directly contributing to the health and well-being of your community.
It’s sometimes difficult to imagine just how much of an impact your donation really makes, so we’d like to share with you some of the ways your hard earned money will be spent and just how you will be giving back to your community.
What your money buys
- $5 pays for eight condom and lube packs
- $10 buys one set of rapid HIV and syphilis tests
- $30 covers the time to administer one set of HIV and syphilis rapid tests
- $50 pays for one hour of counselling time
- $100 buys an hour of profressional development for counsellors to ensure their ongoing efficiency
- $500 enables us to reach over 100,000 people on social media to promote awareness of HIV and stigma
- $2600 covers a year of support for one person recently diagnosed with HIV
For every $1 NZAF Receives
NZAF's Programmes and Services
- Our HIV prevention programmes work with communities most at risk of HIV in New Zealand, promoting condom use and distributing free condoms.
- Free HIV testing services, with results availble in 20 minutes, are accessable to everyone in cities and towns around New Zealand.
- Free counselling is available to anybody living with, at risk of, or affected by, HIV in New Zealand.
- Support services for people living with HIV.
- Our research team ensure the scientific evidence used to design our policy, programmes and services is robust and credible.
- A dedicated policy unit that advocates for the health rights of people living with HIV and those most at-risk of HIV in New Zealand to be relfected in government policy.